We've Moved!

BIG NEWS: I've got a new site! Please visit my new site at www.onmyagenda.com and the new blog at www.onmyagenda.com/blog. Thanks!

6.11.2010

Friday's Organizing Item

Today's Agenda:  Appreciating my life!

I love keeping a date book.  It's great for staying organized.  Both to keep track of what I have done and to plot what I need/want to do over the next few days.  But nowadays my date book has migrated to Google Calendar so my husband and I can keep track of what's going on in both of our lives and to reduce our chance of "doublebooking". 

But I still love the look and feel of a date book {I remember a beautiful orange leather one I had in 2006 and deep navy leather one from the early '00s.}  And I especially love looking back at date books from 10 years ago and see what I was up to.  Unfortunately while Google Calendar is great at keeping me organized on a daily basis, it doesn't do a great job of organizing my memories so that with a quick glance I can envision that day as if it were yesterday.

Well, I ran across this book the other day at a local boutique, Serendipity.  {Note:  The store itself is much better than the website and it has some really nicely priced tables, lamps and artwork.}.  Each page is for one day with 5 sections on each page for each year.  Within each section/year there are 6 lines to jot down memories from that day.  It's not an organizer for your to dos or appointments but an organizer of your memories! 

This book is perfect for keeping track of memories and the best part is that it's five years of memories in one, small, Carolina blue book!  The past couple of days have been filled with great memories and I know that I will be happy to remember them next year when I fill in new memories on those dates.

This is what my day is looking like today.
 

How do I put this into words? 

No comments:

Post a Comment