We've Moved!

BIG NEWS: I've got a new site! Please visit my new site at www.onmyagenda.com and the new blog at www.onmyagenda.com/blog. Thanks!

4.26.2010

Mood Board Monday - Hosted by Pewter and Sage & West Elm - Brunch in Paris

Over the weekend I noticed a fun Facebook post from West Elm about a Mood Board Monday contest involving these amazing, fun designs from Patch NYC.  I am a huge fan of FB pages since I think it's a great way to get exposed to ideas, places, events that you might not run into otherwise {I'm almost ready to launch one too...}.  In this case, I was exposed to two great sites -- Patch NYC's website {so fun!} and the blog Pewterandsage.blogspot.com {so lovely!}.

I enjoy thinking about items and designs in the context of a room so thought I would just play around and have fun creating a room around a couple of these designs and participate in Mood Board Monday...and, here is what I came up with!



And my thinking behind my design --

I thought the bold, whimsical designs of the Patch NYC plates and pillows should stand out so I didn't want any other large, competing graphics.  At home, I love using plates that might really be for serving or sushi for meals so I am using the medium size butterfly plate for a meal plate.  I love brunch because I feel like brunch is asking for you to be more creative in your food, display, music, etc.  So this is a brunch in the dining room in my {imaginary} Parisian flat.  I've just found this French Kitchen Table from Crate and Barrel that I'm obsessed with which was perfect for this occassion.  If I was lucky to have a large eat in kitchen/dining area this would be in there with the linen couch for a relaxed atmosphere and a place for guests to linger with a glass of champagne {I also like using other non-wine/champagne glasses for wine/champagne} as the French doors are open to hear the hustle and bustle along the street.  To balance out the grays and the linen and marble, I found the rust color leather dining chairs -- they look modern and comfortable.  I really want to see the chandelier hung over the table with the jute rug and placesettings in a room -- it's just so stunning -- and the French doors with the pink hue in the glass really play nicely off of the chandelier.  There is a little bit for everyone - whimsy, antique, leather, comfort, surprise, light, subtlety. 

{Color PaletteSoft white walls in Benjamin Moore Cloud White with some painted wood paneling + black and gray to ground the room + textures of glass, wood, linen, jute, marble + purple and greens in the chandelier and napkins for a bolder look + accents of white in the linen placemats, marble table top and curtains to keep the room light and the rust color in the chairs for luxury and surprise}

1.   {West Elm} Patch NYC Ceramic Entertaining - Butterfly - $14/each
2.   {Anthropologie} Hobnail Tumbler - Clear - $10/each
3.   {Anthropologie} Jempiring Napkin - $8/each
4.   {Williams-Sonoma} Hemstitched Linen Placemat - White - $60/set of 4
5.   {Horchow} "Retro Glamour" Chandelier - $2,050
6.   {Crate and Barrel} French Kitchen Table - $1,299
7.   {Design Within Reach} Antica Side Chair - Rust - $550/each
8.   {West Elm} Jute Boucle Rug - Clay - 5x8 - $129
9.   {Etsy - disegno Karina Gentinetta} Antique French Sofa in Linen - $8,995
10. {Wisteria} Wooden Tripod Lamp - $249
11. {Ikea} Stockholm Figur Curtains - $29.99/pair
12. {Oneofakindantiques.com} Pair of French Blown Glass Doors - $2,500
{BTW...for silverware I would use these from DWR -- the image looked a little out of place in the board so I didn't include it...}

22 comments:

  1. How fun. I really like the different colors you chose for your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picks. I've been drooling over that French Kitchen Table for a while! I'd kill for the glass doors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Nicole!!! Can I come to brunch? So glad you found us through facebook and joined the party!! Now I have to go back and check out your whole blog:) Love this room...love brunch...love Paris!!! You couldn't make me any happier. Love all the gray with the warm dining chairs and the purple glass on the chandelier. I'm kind of bummed with myself that I didn't know about that C&B table, its so great! I can really tell you've thought about all the details here and you've got a really nice mix of resources. Thank you so much for participating, its great to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite single piece is the chandelier and I love it paired with the red dining chairs. A great room.

    Terrie @ Your Decorating Hotline

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete